Monday, November 16, 2009

Back in the saddle again!

Reading is like riding a horse or a bicycle. I don't think we ever really forget how. Thank heavens since I've barely read during this past week! I picked up Anita Shreve's a Change in Altitude on Friday night, read one chapter and promptly fell asleep. Sunday afternoon a picked it up, read a chapter and a half, almost fell asleep and then the boys called me for supper. Then again last night I was able to read quite a bit more and I'm really getting into the book! If I'm lucky I can finish it tonight. Trying to keep a tidier house has really cut down on my reading time, that and the fact that I now have a contraption in my basement that is supposed to tone my sagging muscles and hopefully help me shed a few pounds. Maybe I can sit on the bench and do some leg curls (is that what you even call it?) while may hands are occupied by a book! And while I'm working out my arms I could learn to hold a book with my feet! Turning pages might prove to be difficult!!! Anyway, last night I found out that Rachel Vincent's next book "Shift" is supposed to be released right on the 1st of March! I may have to recalculate this fifty books thing!!! 105 days until March 1st, 44 more books to finish! That now means I have to finish a book every 2.38 days!! So the pressure is on!! I will have to make time for reading just as I would (I mean WILL) for exercise. Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment