Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A change of Plans

I pretty much abandoned all my other books and grabbed the one that arrived on loan from the library last week. I discovered it in the McNally Robinson flyer when we were in Saskatoon last month. This book is called Small Beneath the Sky and it's basically a memoir of sort, written by Lorna Crozier who apparently was born and grew up in Swift Current. I love reading about Swift Current in the fifties and sixties, this woman was only four years younger than my own mother and The author's mother, until she passed away a few years ago, apparently lived down the street from where I did before moving to Estevan. I have just a few more pages to read before I can say book 'seven' is now in the bag! I would like to say, then I'll get back to Anita Shreve's book about the mountain climbing expedition in Africa, but I have a few more books that came in from the library last week that also need to be returned on a deadline. I think I'll keep with Saskatchewan history and did into Colin Thatcher's book. Thank God books don't go bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment