Friday, October 23, 2009

From one extreme to another

It's funny, how different one book can be from another. I went from reading about a middle aged, frumpy wife whose husband took off from their life together to the book I am reading now where the wife is young, athletic, has children, a hard working devoted husband and a sense of purpose in her life as she is the first woman demon hunter I have had the pleasure of reading about. I'd like to say I'm hooked on Kate Conner's character since I have two more books about her to read. Again, it could be because I'm still feeling tired and run down but this book isn't at the top of my favorite list yet. However, it is an incredibly easy read and I am over halfway through the book, so I'm making great progress with my goal and that is something to be proud about. I may not be a demon hunting soccer mom but I am a super reading machine of a mom soon to be a paper rolling machine of a mom since I skipped our Thursday night ritual to stay in bed and plow through my book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment