Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'd rather be reading!

Good morning, a new day has begun as I listen to two small children scream at the top of their lungs, both being consoled by their older siblings. My son has managed to make both these children cry in the span of about 30 seconds. And thankfully, as I have typed these few words, all seems well again in my home, the screaming has turned into a steady whine which can be solved by a cup of milk placed in this small child's hands. Then ten seconds later, the tippy cup hits the floor, and more drops of milk again stain my area rug like they do each and ever day of my life as I know it. Some times I wonder why I do this?

An a more happy note, my question mark key on the laptop seems to be working this mornings. As two more children sitting next to me on the couch ponder about which of the smaller kids is poopy, I can sit here and smile knowing I am warm in my home this cold, almost winter morning and that unlike many of the working parents, those who bring their precious cargo to me each and every day, I don't have to start my van and scrape the windows. There, I've answered my question with one of the many reasons why I look after kids for a living!

So last night, instead of curling up with a book I had some television to watch. Tuesday night line up for me includes The Biggest Loser, 90210 and Melrose Place. There was no time to read, hopefully tonight I can get back into the book I am currently reading, which also made the number one spot on my list. (Maybe I should read these books in order after all). Jodi Picoult is probably my favorite author which for me after I've completed my list, is unfortunate in the fact that after Songs of the Humpback Whale and Handle With Care, I have read her entire collection of books thus far. Who knows, maybe by the time I get through all fifty books, she will have published yet another of her thought provoking novels. I have yet to read a book of hers that I didn't like! And so tonight, I will set out to finish her book and cross off the first title on my list of 50 books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment