Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Now what?

Book six is in the books. I finished Karen Kingsbury's Every Now and Then. This was the third book in her 9/11 series. I had read the other two years ago, in fact, One Tuesday Morning was the first Karen Kingsbury book I have ever read. Today I can say I've read them all. I keep tabs at her website as to when her new books are being released and the next one coming up next year is called Shades of Blue. Her books are probably the only ones I have come across that can make me cry. At the end of the book last night, the main character's dog died and that did it for me. And I'm not even a dog person :) Anyway, it's always nice to read something inspirational, I think we all need that Every Now and Then!

Shelley hasn't brought over the next Demon book yet so I think I will move along to an Anita Shreve book, A Change in Altitude. For weeks, while I was waiting for this book to arrive from the library, I thought the title was a Change in Attitude! Anyway, I have until November 4th to read it and return in so I'd better get at it. I believe this author has written about 15 books in total and I think I've read about 11 or 12 of them. I recall about a year ago, I'd picked one of her books up at the library and I couldn't get into to so I returned it unread!! I hate when that happens, but I tried!!

I discovered Anita Shreve while camping at Kenosee about three summers ago. We drove over to the red barn for the flea market and I picked up her book Fortune's Rocks. I finished it about 12 hours later :) Many of her books are set along the east coast where she is from, many of the books while not repeating the characters like some authors do, the setting repeats itself. Fortune's Rocks, The Pilot's Wife and Body Surfing all took place at the same location and the history of the house is talked about which made me think, how cool is that, I've read all those stories! Anita Shreve is right up there on my list of favorites. If I had to pick a favorite book of hers, it would be hard. I think Body Surfing was one of her best. She can write a great page turner whether it's set in the present day and time or 100 years ago. Perhaps when I've finished her two books I have on my list, I'll have to head to the library and try to find the book I never did finish. I think it was called Resistance and it was set during and after the 2nd world war I believe. Maybe that's why I found it so hard to get into. My husband is more the military history type of guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment