Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On a roll!!

Last night, I was feeling pretty lousy, this cold is back with a vengeance, the aches and fever this time with a bit of a cough left over from the weekend. I was in bed by seven thirty and managed to get through half of the third book my my list. And what a wacky book it is. Mary Gooch and her husband Jimmy are about the celebrate their twenty fifth anniversary when he suddenly up and disappears, leaving her in the small Ontario town of Leaford. This is Lori Lansen's third book set in this area of southern Ontario, complete with colorful characters and an abundance of plot twists and turns. When I finally dragged my aching body out of bed to turn the light off I was halfway through the book and Mary had wound up in some place in California, hoping she'd find her husband at his mother's house. She has just lost her purse which was basically the only thing she had in her possession and only had enough cash on her to spend three more nights in a hotel. I can't wait to see how it all turns out tonight when I flop into bed this evening. I am thinking it's going to be a nice quiet day at the Howie house so maybe I'll get a few pages in this afternoon during nap time too :) Have a good day everyone! What is everyone else reading at the moment?? I just realized I may be adding another to my list depending on when it arrives at the library. I had ordered Colin Thatcher's book, Final Appeal, Anatomy of a Frame and it looks like I am third on the list now, so probably within six weeks, it should be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment