Saturday, October 24, 2009

Out of order!!

So I finished Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner last night. I guess you could call it a cute book in a 'chick-lit' sort of way. Just to be different, or maybe because I didn't want to get out of bed to grab California Demon, I grabbed Deja Demon which is apparently book four in this series of five or six. I've kind of lost track because these books have come into my possession fast and furious in the last couple of weeks. My friend and neighbor Shelley and I trade books back and forth across the street. I bought California Demon off of a discount table at Chapters and it sat on my shelf for about two years I'm guessing. Well she dropped by this summer to feed our cat while we were on holidays and she grabbed the book and really liked it. She then discovered that this book was number two in this demon hunting soccer mom series. I ordered book one from the library, that was the book I finished last night. I bought what I thought was book three in Saskatoon, the weekend I decided enough was enough, no more buying books for this lady! Shelley read Deja Demon and realized it wasn't book three but book four so I searched the library website again and ordered book three which I think may be waiting at the library for me now. While searching for that book, I came across another title which I think might be book five and Shelley just picked another one up at Chapters this week which she is currently reading right now, making my head spin thinking when am I going to have time to read all these books??

So to make a long story shorter, last night I rolled over, grabbed the book off my nightstand and decided to throw caution to the wind and read these books out of order, surely each book is good enough to stand alone on its own. But right from page one, I realized, maybe I shouldn't have been so lazy and grabbed the second installment off the shelf in our book room. I've obviously missed an important part of the story line by doing such a silly thing. But I think I'll get over it!

For now lets just say I'm now on the fifth book of my journey which means when it's finished, hopefully later tonight I will be ten percent of the way into this journey, but for now, I'm off to the library, they called while I was blogging. I think I have two more books waiting for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment